Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) is an exciting World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) open standard enabling high-quality, dynamic, interactive, stylable graphics to be delivered over the Web using accessible, human-readable XML. SVG can be delivered to mobile phones, PDAs, and desktop computers.
At the SVG Open 2004 Conference you will have the opportunity to learn about the SVG standard, how to use it to create effective and compelling Web content, techniques for developing SVG software solutions, and the latest developments from the W3C. You will meet the authors of the SVG specifications and the creators of SVG applications in person, and you will have the opportunity to provide your own input for future development. At the SVG Open 2004 Exhibition, you will get a chance to see the newest SVG applications and tools at work, and you will hear early announcements of upcoming SVG product releases. SVG Open 2004 courses will enlighten you on SVG, XML and related standards, graphic design and Web application design. Courses will be available at both introductory and advanced levels, in order to serve the needs of all conference attendees.
The conference will be of interest to people who are:
- Software developers
- Web and UI designers
- Web application developers
- Graphic artists
- Creators of database-driven content and applications
- Creators of mobile computing solutions
- Specialists in Geographic Information Systems, Computer-Aided Design, modelling, publishing, multimedia and other fields involving professional graphics
- Creators and users of data visualization solutions, including business charting, scientific graphing, schematics, maps, etc.